Graduated 17-07-2007, and what a day it turned out to be. I was slightly apprehensive with all the silly little things that have been going on lately.
Got into Trentham Gardens and what a beautiful picturesque scene it was, well kept gardens, lakes and water features were secluded amongst hill sides covered in forestry.

Upon registry, we were handed a gold star with the Staffordshire emblem on, which is a nice piece of memorabilia. Got the gown on and had a few refreshments before we had to go in. Despite this, my mouth was becoming more and more dry as the morning progressed. Seemed to get quite lost amongst the rush of people. Ended up going in pretty much on my own which didn’t settle my nerves at all.

However, the ceremonies began and all of a sudden I felt real at ease, a huge sense of achievement came across my face, this was the day I had been waiting for, for so long. Little did I know how much I had been fretting over this day, and now it had arrived my feelings were running wild!
The rows were getting closer and closer, suddenly it was our turn to queue. I had a sense of fear that what usually happens would happen, but somehow when I stood up there queuing, there were no nerves, but actual excitement. Even though my face probably never showed it, there was a huge smile deep within me, I’m sure it never reached the surface (problem I have!) but I will wait until I see the DVD!

Shortly after sitting down it was all over, we were applauded by all the staff as we walked out of the ceremony marquee into the food marquee which was a nice thing of them to do.

Decided to go and have a family photo, what a giggle that turned out to be. Jodie, my sister has a serious problem with her eyes being closed when it comes to photos. This was no exception, one of the only times she managed to have her eyes open, mine were closed. Damn! Finally managed to get all eyes open and what appears to be a really nice family photo.
Credit due to the Photographer (name) of Tempest Photography, she did an absolute great job. Making sure everything from my hands, robes, eyes, head to my tassels were all just in the perfect position, and it was difficult for her too as people made me laugh my tassels kept moving!

After all the celebrations and many photos in the gardens (of which was really difficult posing for of course!), we decided to go down the A34 to Stafford to see what pub we could go to lunch for. This used to be my route into Uni and I recall there being ‘The Wayfarer’ just before Stone, it looks quite nice from the outside, so we went in. Oh my god, what a mistake. Never felt so bad about choosing a place to eat, really would never recommend it if you are in that direction!

Later got my car back, fully working so yay to that!

And decided to end the night off nicely with Adam, Hayley and I going up town for a bar snack and a few drinks (or many in fact)! Ended up in Chicago’s and it was a Karaoke night, never stood up despite the urges for the first time ever. I just merrily sang along to many of the songs whilst drinking the night away.

A big thanks to all my family, Anne (mom), Len (dad), Jodie (Sister), Del (Granddad) for all the support they have given me over the years, it has been a struggle at times, but you have all helped me through, mentally and financially.

A big thanks to all those at Uni too, especially Adam, Dean, Nathan, Otis and Paul. I have experienced some of my greatest moments so far with each and every one of you. I have learned a lot from you and you have helped me become what I am today. Best of luck with your future.

All the best, and many thanks.


Leave a Reply